Triangle DataPalooza is Here!
Just 12 months ago the Data Jam facilitators got together with +Todd Park and +Nick Sinai to discuss the nations first ever regional Data Jam. In December, I had the pleasure of meeting these gentleman and +Ian Kalin at the USAID Data Jam at the Whitehouse in December of 2012. The US Department of State posted about the USAID Data Jam here.
After a year of planning, attending meetings and kicking off with a Data Jam on April 22nd 2013 we are ready to announce the winner at Datapalooza on September 12, 2013.
Details on When and Where
- Time and location is September 12, 2013 at the NC Museum of Natural Sciences
- Phone the HUB at 919-300-6917
- DataPalooza Registration Page
What happened because of DataJam?
- The timing of the beta launch of the Open Raleigh data portal was in part to support the Data Jam
- Launch of Wake County's Open Data Portal
- Open data initiatives in almost every major metropolitan area within the Triangle
- The NC Governor's Office of Innovation will kickoff YourNC in November
- The Traingle coming together as a region to celebrate collaboration and data sharing to solve regional issues
- Entrepreneurs creating startups out of ideation sessions and mentoring
- The combined Raleigh Durham area considered one of the hotbeds of innovation and startups worldwide
Who are the Players?The Raleigh HUB certainly deserves a large amount of credit for making this event come together. The teams did the hard work of taking ideas and making them come to life. The three teams to be judged at Datapalooza have worked for months. The City of Raleigh and the Whitehouse have given their support and resources to make this the first of an annual event that is putting our region on the map. This benefits everyone.
Who will be Speaking at DataPalooza?We invite you to celebrate the culmination of a 90-day open data competition at the first-ever regional DataPalooza! Discover the newest innovations in open data, watch pitches by the Top 3 teams, and network with an international audience of data experts! Keynote speakers include +Marshall Brain, Founder of HowStuffWorks, +Ian Kalin, Director of Open Data at Socrata and Former White House Innovation Fellow, and +Gunnar Hellekson, Chief Technology Strategist for Red Hat's US Public Sector.
This is your chance to help transform the Triangle into a center for open data, collaboration, and entrepreneurial innovation...don't miss out!